Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Fan Films

  1. #1
    Inactive Member stop_thief's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2000
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think fan films are fine if that's what you're really into. If it provides you with entertainment and happiness...then righteous day.

    Personally though, I'd rather spend my energies focusing on original, creative works. Movies that express what's in MY mind, not using characters and scenarios formed by someone else.


  2. #2
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personaly dislike fan films. Because what you're doing is stealing some elses work. Why be a filmaker if you're gonna copy others ideas?

    Like stop-thief said, I too, would rather make films that come from me and stuff that i think of.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jairen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2000
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do people on this board have an opinion of Fan Films?

    I am writing a script for a feature that is all my own, but I have also been working on a short Star Wars film. I have done SFX tests and they are holding up fine, even some bluescreening.

    What are your opinions on Fan Films, good or bad?

    Personally, I think all power to them. I've seen some of these films and they are pretty good.


    ------------------
    Jair
    [email protected]
    The important thing is this: to be able at any
    moment to sacrifice what we are for what we
    could become.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just try and think about if I were a big famous producer or director and someone made a fan film off my original. If it sucked I would be pretty pissed and offended, if it was good, I would either feel proud or threatened...either way kind of risky.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •